Workplace safety is important.
You know that implementing an effective occupational health and safety program for your workplace is one of the best decisions a company can make — both for its workers and for its bottom line.
1. SAFETY PROGRAMS CREATE PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENTS
Properly managed safety programs show commitment to safety by the management in turn creating a great safety culture where everyone ‘wants’ to be safe.
2. ABSENTEEISM DROPS WHEN EFFECTIVE SAFETY PROGRAMS ARE INTRODUCED
Workers want to work in a safe environment; absenteeism drops when effective safety programs are introduced.
3. WORK PREMISES ARE KEPT TO HIGHER STANDARDS
Work premises are kept to higher standards for safety, cleanliness, and housekeeping
4. A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT PRODUCES HAPPIER EMPLOYEES
A safe work environment produces happier employees; everyone wants to go home safe each day.
5. EMPLOYEE INSURANCE CLAIMS DECREASE IN SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENTS
Worker Compensation insurance claims decrease, in turn lowering WCB Rates. This is a benefit to any company that has to pre-qualify to work; a lower rate gives you a better grade with your clients.
6. A COMPANY’S MOST VALUABLE ASSET IS PROTECTED — ITS PEOPLE
It’s all about your people. Of course it is.
7. SAFETY PROGRAMS ENABLE A COMPANY TO WIN AND RETAIN BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
Safety compliance is crucial to your next contract with an owner-client. A well managed and maintained safety program gets you work!
8. SAFETY PROGRAMS CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS ARE CONSIDERED, ENCOURAGED AND IMPLEMENTED
In turn, workers feel like they are part of the safety solution.
9. SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENTS ENHANCE THE BRAND VALUE AND GOODWILL FOR A COMPANY
Enables a company to win and retain business customers. Clients want to work with companies that are safe (less downtime due to incidents).
10. SAFETY REDUCES BUSINESS COSTS AND DISRUPTION
Reducing business costs creates productive work environment
content source: workforce compliance safety